On 15 December 2014 at 08:40, Till Wollenberg
<till.wollenb...@uni-rostock.de> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> * On 12.12.2014 00:05 Adrian Chadd wrote:
>>
>> I _think_ that the only valid timestamp/rssi is is the final frame in
>> an aggregate, not the intermediary frames. Did you correlate your
>> checking with whether it was an aggregate or not, and if it's an
>> aggregate, whether it's first, middle or final?
>

> Thank you for pointing this out! I checked some of the frames without signal
> information in my dataset. In all cases, these frames belong to a row of
> frames with identical source and destination addresses, and more important,
> with identical MAC timestamp.
>
> However, in some cases the first frame of a row carries a signal value while
> all others do not, and in some cases the very last frame carries a signal
> value while all others do not.
>
> There are also cases with a row of frames having identical MAC timestamps,
> but no frame has a signal value.

Hm, interesting. Ok, so can you paste examples of these? I'd be
interested in the state of the PHY errors and other potential causes
of error.

> It seems aggregated frames are de-aggregated somewhere on the chip or in the
> driver before they appear on the monitor mode interface. Do you know if it
> is possible (at least in theory) to pass A-MPDU and/or A-MSDU frames "as
> they are", i.e. without de-aggregation, up to a monitor mode interface?

I don't think there's a way to disable the A-MPDU logic. I can
double-check with the hardware contacts I have, but I'm still trying
to finish chasing up the last couple of wtf's from the AR9380. :P

-adrian