On Jan 8, 2005, at 8:23 AM, Bill de hÓra wrote:

My answer to this question is that Atom doesn't have a model in terms of being able to talk about extension so there's no point discussing it. Extensibility is probably out of scope for the format.

I'm not going to let that go unchallenged. The ability to put your own markup in a feed entry and be confident that it will not cause receiving software to break, and that it will be there for receiving software that actually knows how to deal with it, is what many people describe using the word "extensibility". I think that Atom is, in a popular usage of the term (a large majority usage, I'd bet, but without backing statistics) extensible.

The people who insist that you have to have to buy into a graph-theoretical KR model to be able to use the word "extensible" live in a universe that is self-consistent, but it's not the one where I work. -Tim