Robert Sayre wrote:

Well, Content-Length lives in the attributes as "length", but I don't think we need to make a home for every HTTP header. Content-MD5 will work just fine; it would probably be wise to send a HEAD request before automatically downloading a giant mp3. Furthermore, you'll get a good enough identifier by concatenating the URI and the length. Something more accurate will require a HEAD request. Thirdly, there's absolutely no reason to have this in core.

I'm fine with all that - a good rationale. But no-one's asking to make a home for every HTTP header here.

cheers
Bill