Ok, I give up on this task.

I have just found that when there is a rdf:Resource you can't also have attributes. And that attributes have to be qualified.

It is a real pity.

It would be good to make a list of what we would have needed from RDF/XML to make Atom be rdf, and then work backwards to create RDF/XML2 where this works out fine.

Henry