This one shouldn't, in my opinion, be on our active-discussion queue, because it's uncooked. That is to say, it doesn't actually propose specific changes to our format or protocol drafts.

Having said that, the thinking seems usefully clean and minimal, and I wouldn't be surprised if a real Pace, including proposed draft revisions, could be built out of this that would have a chance at consensus.

But having said that, the language is crucial. For example, I would be -1 on any change that requires Atom implementors to have to internalize the notions of "RDF XML Literal" or, really, having to understand http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns, which is referenced by the Pace.

Also, it seems like there's a missing piece. I'm pretty sure that if we did it this way, it would be pretty easy to do a canonical and simple mapping from Atom to RDF/XML (right?), and if so, someone should write an I-D to define this, and I'd be in favor of adopting it as a WG draft. -Tim