On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 01:55:38 +0000, Graham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I don't know about anyone else but my hope for Atom is that soon after
its release the whole RSS mess is left to sink into the sea. With this
in mind, should we define a tag that can be put into RSS feeds so that
client software can automatically switch over to the Atom version? I'd
suggest reusing the link/alternate tag (in our namespace of course).

I'd rather suggest using looking at section 14.1 of HTTP. Serve feeds using content-negotiation, and set q values so that Atom-enabled software will get Atom feeds.

(Having said that, it seems like aggregator authors, apart from a select few don't care about what HTTP is. I'm currently considering blocking bloglines because they fail to respect HTTP 301 responses)

--
Arve Bersvendsen