On Monday, January 24, 2005, at 06:25 PM, Eric Scheid wrote:
On 25/1/05 11:17 AM, "Tim Bray" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
If there were no further discussion: Has failed to get anywhere near
enough support to call rough consensus in previous go-arounds.  -Tim

was that failure of consensus due to pushback on the very concept of <link>
itself (or related @rel disharmony), or actual disagreement with the use of
<link> in person?

I'm in favor of the basic concept. I'm a little afraid of the list of proposed @rel values it would spawn--that people would want to be able to specifically point to too many things that are very similar to each other. I don't expect the proposal to achieve consensus. Looks like a good opportunity to float an extension and see if it gets widely adopted.