On Jan 26, 2005, at 7:27 AM, Graham wrote:

Very, very good point. The text needs something along the lines of "Atom producers MUST NOT expect consumers which found the document at a different URI to switch to requesting it from the URI specified.", or something less clunky. Otherwise it's going to cause all sorts of problems and arguments.

+1. I can already hear the whiny emails in my head. It may be enough just to say "Software which discovers that the FeedLink URI is different from that used to retrieve the atom:feed document containing MAY choose to use the FeedLink URI for subsequent fetches." -Tim