On Jan 26, 2005, at 12:44 PM, Henri Sivonen wrote:
FWIW, with the exception of content, I think allowing only %inline XHTML elements would make more sense than allowing %flow.

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Tim Bray wrote:
Anyone else pro or con on this one? -Tim

This has elegance and is intuitively appealing. However it would open up a can of worms with styling.

CSS must go in the document head. Inline HTML or XHTML probably doesn't have access to the document head. XHTML doesn't have styling elements like <font>, HTML does. So there would have to be a provision to get CSS into the document head, which adds complexity instead of subtracting it.

One thing -- my knowledge of XHTML is shallow, so I may be missing a solution to styling that doesn't require HTML.

- Lucas Gonze