Tim Bray wrote:

On Jan 31, 2005, at 4:37 AM, Robert Sayre wrote:

 05-C05, 4.15.3 processing model
 "If the value of "type" begins with "text/" the content of
 atom:content MUST NOT contain child elements."
 See 4.15.2: so is this a SHOULD or a MUST?

It's a MUST, and not an editorial change.

If it's a MUST then <http://atompub.org/2005/01/27/draft-ietf-atompub-format -05.html#rfc.section.4.15.2.p.3> needs to be adjusted.

You're correct, but the WG should decide which sentence will change.

Huh? What's the issue? I just stared at that text for a couple of minutes and didn't get it. -Tim

As far as I understand the spec, 4.15.2 (last sentence) says it's a SHOULD, 4.15.3 (5.) says it's a MUST.

I think the fact that both sections say something about the same thing is the problem that needs to be fixed.

Best regards, Julian