On 1 Feb 2005, at 5:27 am, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

Identifiers are not subject to
"simplification" -- they are either equivalent or not.  We can
add all of the implementation requirements we like to prevent
software from detecting false negatives, but that doesn't change
the fact that equivalent identifiers always identify the same
resource.  It is the author's responsibility to use URIs
(or IRIs) that are actually different, not the responsibility
of the protocol or implementation.

Define "equivalent" and/or "actually different" in spec text please. Good luck.

Graham