On Feb 2, 2005, at 5:46 PM, Paul Hoffman wrote:

On Monday, Feb. 7, the Working Group's final queue rotation will consist of all Paces open at that time. Any Paces that have obvious holes in them ("to be filled in later", "more needs to go here", etc.) will be ignored. We have had over a year of time here, and many weeks since the previous attempt to close things out. On Monday, Feb. 14, we will assess WG consensus and ask the document authors to put together a final draft.

In case it's not obvious, I am 100% with Paul on this. I think that the Atom format as it stands now is very close to a huge 80/20 point, and the world needs it. Also, I think that one or two of the last outstanding Paces will result in a noticeable positive delta.

It's like when you get towards the end of a software project. The engineers always know that they could make it better in just another few weeks' work, and at some point you have to let go and turn it over to the world.

Let's get our last round of Paces nicely nailed down and cleaned up and polished and ready to take up officially on Monday. -Tim