Antone Roundy wrote:

This would not address your question of tracking changes to the feed's metadata. I'd be perfectly happy with not allowing atom:id to be repeated in a <feed> or the hypothetical <aggregation> if we had an <archive> element which acts exactly like <aggregation> except that atom:id may be repeated.

Nah, overkill. If there's an element like atom:head or atom:source-feed in atom:entry, the only changes that would be missed are changes to the number of entries in the feed. If you want an element that acts just like a feed, but isn't one so there can be no recursion, I think it's a gross hack. So, perhaps atom:archive shouldn't define anything besides atom:entry.

Robert Sayre