Bob Wyman wrote:
Mark Nottingham wrote:

some people will undoubtedly ignore the mU flag; that's OK too, as long as they know what responsibility they're taking on (i.e., they've opened up the box and have voided the warranty).

How should an intermediary like PubSub, Google, Feedster,
Technorati, etc. respond when a mU element is found in an entry?

Here's the thing; almost any mU use-case I can think of involves a point-to-point communication between two parties where the sender is directly addressing the recipient or a relatively small set of recipients. It doesn't make sense in a pseudo-broadcast environment, which seems to be most RSS served up today. That includes aggregators.

It's the difference between "I'm sending this document and you must understand these data" and "I'm putting this document on the web and everyone must understand these data". I doubt the latter is viable.

cheers
Bill