Henri Sivonen wrote:

On Feb 7, 2005, at 19:50, Paul Hoffman wrote:

Even if you sent in a +1, 0, or -1 previously on a particular Pace, send it in again. Hopefully, add a short or long comment on why you feel it should or should not be considered part of the Atom core.

-1 on PaceXhtmlNamespaceDiv

The div is an additional container inside the Text construct container. The main purpose of the div is to save one for loop in a document-tree/pull-based client or, alternatively, to give a false sense of correctness in tag soup concatenation-based clients. IMO, neither rationale warrants a meaningless element inside a Text construct.

(Noting that the Pace was retracted by the original author.)

It was retracted due to a perceived lack of interest - at that point it was a two party dialog between yourself and that author.

Since then a number of folks (myself included) expressed support for this Pace, I reopened it with an email to the list, and I will now reiterate my support now with a +1.

There are a number of issues that this resolves, such as whether the div element itself is to be considered part of the content in protocol POST methods. If they are not, you will tend over time to see multiple such wrappings.

-Sam Ruby