Henri Sivonen wrote:

On Feb 9, 2005, at 15:28, Sam Ruby wrote:

Here's the key question.  Consider the following XML fragment:

Given this fragment, what is the value of the summary? Is the div element to be considered part of the format (and therefore not part of the summary). Or is the div element to be considered part of the summary itself.

The div is part of the summary according to current spec text.

That's what I want to change. I've updated the Pace to make this clearer. I replaced the abstract completely, and added one sentence to the proposal.

New abstract:

  Given that common practice is to include this element, making it
  mandatory makes things clearer to both people who are producing
  consuming tools based on the spec, and people who are producing new
  feeds based on copy and paste.

New spec text:

  The xhtml:div element itself MUST NOT be considered part of the
  content.

- Sam Ruby