On Thursday, March 17, 2005, at 09:21 AM, Thomas Broyer wrote:
Antone Roundy wrote:
Second, looking at http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-xhtml-basic-20001219/,
I see that the style ELEMENT is not supported, but it doesn't say that
the style ATTRIBUTE is not supported.

That's right, you have to go through the (not much readable, due to XHTMLMOD) DTD, which doesn't include the "Style Attribute Module".

In that case, if we're going to spec the use of basic xhtml, I think we'd better make an explicit note of this point, because the probability is high that many people will miss it entirely--perhaps something along the lines of "Note that basic XHTML is a subset of XHTML and does not support certain elements and attributes such as the style attribute."