Graham wrote:

I disagree - the Pace I wrote was about whitespace within content, whereas that anchor is in a section about document syntax. I know there are RSS users who think thinks like rel=" alternate " are acceptable. Some discussion of this would be useful.

Write something down. I can't speak for Mark here, but I have no idea what needs to be said there.

A quick bit of rewording would help. Currently it basically says "The type attribute may have the values..." three times with three different rules. Changing it to "On the summary element, the type atrribute may have the values..." stops the spec being apparently self-contradicting.

Excellent suggestion, thanks.

Robert Sayre