* Dan Brickley wrote:
>> >In both cases they're not actually URIs, they're IRIs, so the name is
>> >WRONG, except for nobody knows what an IRI is so renaming them "iri"
>> >would be confusing, and anyhow everyone thinks of URLs not *RIs, but
>> >naming them "url" would be wrong too, so why don't we actually change
>> >them to say what they're there for not what their syntax is and use
>> >"web" in both cases?  -Tim
>>
>> We can call those "at" or "about" or "internet" but certainly not "web".
>
>While we're at it, we can relive 10-15 years of URN vs URI debates on the
>Atom list instead of shipping product. Are you appealing to some notion of
>'online' versus 'offline' resource? A spec could be cited from the formal
>Atom spec? Such distinctions are notoriously hard to maintain... If you
>want to add an implicit (and imho illadviced) notion of
>'URI dereferencability' into the spec, it'd be good to see candidate
>text for inclusion, rather than doing it via attribute/element name
>choice. Note that the deferencability of identifiers changes over time,
>as infrastructure is deployed (or rots away); eg. DOIs, gopher:, java: URIs...

I do not really understand what you are trying to ask or say here. I
suppose you object to call those elements and attributes anything but
"web" for some reason or you object to the alternate names I suggested.
In case of the latter you seem to somehow think that at/about/internet
suggests what you call "dereferencability" while "web" does not. That
would not make much sense to me, so I fail to get your point.
--
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de