Antone Roundy wrote:

On Monday, April 4, 2005, at 09:43 AM, Robert Sayre wrote:

I can't believe people want to put these out on the open Internet without an alternate.

It seems to me that the reasons for having alternate links in feeds are almost entirely based on the context in which feeds originally emerged.

This isn't a good time for conjecture. I don't think any of the arguments in favor have considered the support burden such feeds will create. OTOH, the absolute worst thing to do right now would be to sit around and argue this for a week. I'm very opposed to getting inventive and making this a MAY. I'm not changing my mind, but the group will probably just define it over my objection. Happens all the time :)

Robert Sayre