Sam Ruby wrote:

Whether it is for accessibility, or for general usability, I want to ensure that every entry has a textual, non-remote component to it.

Yeah, but we can't really legislate that, can we? We are making editorial decisions for publishers via validity constraints.

You have made a number of noises that it is your intent to use last call as your opportunity to challenge the working group to revisit this.

Please don't.

You are implying that would be somehow inappropriate or unsportsmanlike. It isn't. If there is consensus, such a challenge would be squashed rather quickly, don't you think?

Robert Sayre