On 4/26/05, Roger B. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'd be willing give a +1 to SHOULD language regarding summary/content.

That's not good enough. You have to demonstrate an interop problem to
say SHOULD or MUST.

> I'd prefer one or the other be required for a weblog-centric format
> like Atom, but I'll just do what I already do with title-only RSS
> feeds... have my code reject them as inadequate.

Just like it would reject an entry containing <summary/>, since it
means the same thing, right?

You yourself send them:
http://www.imc.org/atom-syntax/mail-archive/msg14147.html

They are clearly adequate for some class of applications, so please
demonstrate the interoperability problems they cause.

Robert Sayre