Domel wrote:
Many case. Two examples:
1. Selectros in CSS. Now selectors can only be element like * , E, E F, E > F and pseudo-class/pseudo-elements like: E:first-child. But we can't matche any E element ID. Atom 0.8 support xml:lang so support also E:lang(c) but there aren't any id attributes to CSS 's E#myid

Perhaps I should have been more specific. What is the use case of styling Atom?

2. XPointers - point some parto of document in URI/IRI for example: http://example.org/atom.xml#myid

Also, what is the use case for this. What should it actually when given to a feed reader.

Note also that you can safely add the xml:id attribute to any element without causing any harm. It might be that the feed validator dislikes it, but that should't be a problem.

-- Anne van Kesteren <http://annevankesteren.nl/>