* Eric Scheid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2005-05-05 02:35+1000]

> On 4/5/05 11:11 PM, "Robert Sayre" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > The autodiscovery spec is a reasonable interpretation of the *one
> > line* definition of the 'alternate' relation.
>
> how is a feed of recent entries a "substitute version for the document in
> which the link occurs" when that document is some blog post long since
> dropped out of the feed?

Because the HTML definition is close to meaningless. I can substitute
any document for another, and the 2nd is a substitution not through any
intrinsic characteristics, but because it was substituted. Many of the
HTML link type definitions don't bear up under detailed scrutiny...

Dan