On 6/5/05 12:32 AM, "Henry Story" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Sorry I don't understand why we need atom:modified.

Graham suggested it : a reliable way for an aggregator to discern the latest
version of an entry.

> atom:updated is used by the publisher to show what they consider a
> significant change. The user, on the other hand, wants to see the
> latest version, reliably, even if the publisher disagrees that the
> change was significant. This is the core problem with Tim's proposal.
> There is no way to create an aggregator that works in the way the
> user expects.

... no way, that is, unless we have atom:modified making each same-id entry
distinct, and not just distinct but also time-ordered and time-distanced (an
advantage over just using something similar to the NewsML RevisionID
mechanism).

e.