On Thursday, May 5, 2005, at 05:21 PM, Robert Sayre wrote:
On 5/5/05, Antone Roundy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Yeah, they think they are, or at least claim to think so.  But isn't
that the same thing that is stated if you see the following in two
feeds?

<feed>
        <id>bar:bar</id>
        <entry>
                <id>foo:bar</id>
                <source>
                        <id>foo:foo</id>
                </source>
                <title>I may be an imposter</title>
        </title>
</feed>

This says that this feed is (or at least claims it is) forwarding the
entry with the id "foo:bar" from the feed "foo:foo".

OK, now let's say you're subscribed to "imposter" in PubSub.

<feed>
      <id>bar:bar</id>
      <entry>
                 <id>quux:quux1</id>
                 <source orginal="foo:bar">
                         <id>foo:foo</id>
                 </source>
                 <title>I may be an imposter</title>
        </entry>
      <entry>
                 <id>quux:quux2</id>
                 <source orginal="foo:bar">
                         <id>baz:baz</id>
                 </source>
                 <title>I may be an imposter</title>
        </entry>
 </feed>

Sorry, I don't understand the point of this example. I read it as saying that these two entries from different feeds claimed the same id. I don't know whether they really are the same entry, or whether one or both of their original ids were minted erroneously (accidentally duplicating another entry's id) or maliciously (attempting to DOS someone else's entry). I can't see any way of resolving that question that I wouldn't have if PubSub had given me this instead: