Antone Roundy wrote:
302 would result in feed readers (that follow the HTTP spec) continuing to hit the publisher's site every time they checked the feed, and then going to FeedBurner.

As it would not be a very large hit of say, 25 to 50 KiB; I guess people can live with that.

2) Not everyone is going to be able to send a 302.

Not everyone is going to be able to send 410 either. Not everyone is going to be able to say that the MIME type is application/atom+xml (yes, I'm aware about the deal with Apache and Microsoft). Et cetera.

-- Anne van Kesteren <http://annevankesteren.nl/>