At 7:22 PM -0700 5/9/05, Tim Bray wrote:
On May 9, 2005, at 6:52 PM, Robert Sayre wrote:

I think we should be clearer that new elements in the Atom namespace and unprefixed attributes with parent elements in the Atom namespace can only be added by IETF consensus. Thoughts?

I wonder if there's some standard IETF practice when you define a language as regards future change control?

No. Nearly every protocol tries to go its own way. It's a mess.

Generally -1. This spec defines what Atom 1.0 is, why try to micro-manage the future? -Tim

Agree on the -1.