* Tim Bray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2005-05-10 04:40]:
> We definitely need some quick, snappy label to refer to that
> version to distinguish it from Atom 0.3

> there'll be no actual spec-based reason to call our product
> "Atom 1.0".  But, we could just go ahead and do it anyhow.

+1 for "Atom 1.0" since a lot of people have already used that,
and given the provenance of "Atom 0.3". But it should remain
colloquial usage.

I would argue that another, probably equally colloquial term
should be introduced meanwhile, so that in the long term, the
"1.0" disappears from common usage. That would probably work best
if this new term includes an otherwise redundant qualifier that
people will eventually discard. I am thinking "IETF Atom" might
just fit the bill.

Aristotle