    >> >I'm not asking for a lot of text; probably something about as
    >> long as >this message.
    >>
    >> I believe that it can be a lot shorter: given the rationale
    >> above, it's not a problem for Atompub or any other XML-using
    >> protocol. For that matter, it's not really and XML problem at
    >> all: it affects text formats like HTML and RFC 2822 as well.

    Scott> I have to agree with Paul.  I don't believe that the issue
    Scott> of white space in the syndicated content is really an
    Scott> Atompub issue.  It might be an issue for the content
    Scott> creator.  It might be an issue for the reader.  As long as
    Scott> the pipe between the two passes the content as submitted,
    Scott> though, the pipe has done its job.

Except that we try to build deployable protocols.  If there aren't
content creation tools that can do the right thing then it becomes a
deployment issue for atompub.

A perfectly reasonable response would be that you've thought about and
understood the problem and there are sufficient tools available that
can work with your proposed pipe that you don't need to care about the
issue.

--Sam