At 2:22 AM +0100 5/12/05, Graham wrote:
"atom:summary MAY be included, but software is encouraged to do so when atom:content is not present"

As I've said before, I don't know what the exact wording needs to be. Is there an RFC-compatible way to get the intention of this sentence across? This question is put mainly to the chairs and the AD, btw.

The quoted sentence would be fine in an RFC. It gives a clear compliance level (MAY), it gives advice about why one would want to or not want to use it. A slight quibble: I would change "but" to "and". But it world work fine as stated.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium