On 5/17/05, Bill de hÓra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Maybe you could point to some spec text to back up your opinion.
>
> Postel's law.

My concern is about change control, not processing. We have an
elaborate system for controlling additions to the list of link
relations. Why aren't we more explicit with element names in the Atom
namespace?

I don't particularly care which strategy we settle on, but it's
important to be clear.

Do we have a situation similar to HTTP headers and methods, where you
can extend it as needed, but you had better 'coordinate' if you want
to make sure everyone interprets it the same way? That's fine. Or do
we have an IETF-administered registry?

If we do settle on the looser approach for elements, I suggest we drop
the link registry and go with the space-separated lists allowed by
HTML.

Robert Sayre