> RogerB specifically mentioned that TiVo users
> squawked when he took away title-only feeds.

Robert: Two things:

(1) By "TiVo users", I was referring to the folks inhabiting TiVo's
official message boards... my scraped, title-only feeds were better
suited for a high-traffic forum than the native feeds produced by
vBulletin or whatever they're using.

So just to clarify, I was *not* referring to apps running on a TiVo
box itself. The only non-hack RSS reader currently running on the TiVo
platform just uses a proxy to access Bloglines, and therefore doesn't
have any unique preference for or against summary-free feeds.

(2) I support the notion of an Atom Processor. Tim's proposed language
implies that dropping content-free entries on the floor is a failure
to function correctly, which is misleading. Defining the distinction
between "a thing that is looping over a series of XML entries to
extract data" and "a thing that is displaying, manipulating, or
otherwise making use of that data" would be useful.

--
Roger Benningfield