Saturday, May 21, 2005, 3:28:26 PM, Robert Sayre wrote:

>> This line:
>> "Their atom:updated timestamps SHOULD be different"

> Ah. I misread their orders, thinking I was only to include the first
> sentence. You're 100% right. Note that this does not mean I'm in favor
> of atom:modified. Versioning problems aren't solved by timestamps.

Whoa!  I misread that too. (I mentioned the "contentious atom:updated
paragraph" that had been removed in an earlier mail - I didn't realize
that it was still in)

Just to be clear, is this the text that will be included in the next
draft? :

> If multiple atom:entry elements with the same atom:id value appear in
> an Atom Feed document, they describe the same entry and software MUST
> treat them as such.
>
> Their atom:updated timestamps SHOULD be different, and processing
> software SHOULD regard entries with duplicate atom:id and atom:updated
> values as evidence of an error in the feed generation. If an Atom Feed
> Document contains multiple entries with the same atom:id, software MAY
> choose to display all of them or some subset of them. One typical
> behavior would be to display only the entry with the latest
> atom:updated timestamp.

This is much worse than I thought. That second paragraph is bad on so
many levels....

--
Dave