On 5/22/05, David Powell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I believe that the alternative of using an extension is inadequate due
> to these conditions. The conditions require tight coupling of the
> publishing process to the archiving process, which to me suggest that
> Atom is not really supporting archiving.

It supports archiving in the sense that it could be used as a Movable
Type export. Adding atom:modified will not make the Atom Syndication
Format a suitable format for your goals. For example, the elements of
a feed change over time as well. This includes the number of entries
in a feed, author metadata, digital signatures, and the location at
which one night retrieve the feed.

Robert Sayre