Which @type="xml"? Did you mean @type="text/xml"?

> enclose a full XML document, which will always have a root
> element. The pseudo-XHTML DIV required for @type="xhtml" makes
> XHTML fragments behave the same way.

With the difference that this div is not part of the content.

> I don’t know if I like it. I don’t know if it’s a good solution.
> But it is consistent on some level, at least.

It is not, not at all.

To everyone here: please, comment on PaceOptionalXhtmlDiv, either +1 or
-1, but at least argument. See also further explanation and technical
arguments in "Consensus call on last raft of issues" [1]

[1] http://www.imc.org/atom-syntax/mail-archive/msg15320.html

--
Thomas Broyer