Hiya,

I'm trying to understand the intention of the draft, together with some of
the comments posted here recently. I've only been looking at Atom for a
couple of days so I may be misunderstanding.

As I understand it, the intention is that atom:author within atom:feed
applies to all child atom:entry elements; that is, the value is inherited.
This being the case I have a dilemma with a feed I would like to aggregate
from others.

If I collect the atom:entry elements from those feeds and include them
in another feed that I produce, there is no place for my name to appear
within the new feed. That is, I am not the author of the entries so I
cannot appear as the atom:author of any atom:entry. And if the intention
is that the atom:author within atom:feed be inherited then I cannot place
my name there.

The only other element that seems appropriate is the atom:generator
element, however it is implied that this is the tool used to generate
it ('the agent used'), rather than the person whose responsibility the
feed is. In this case I am not looking for any particular 'advertisement'
of name, but a means whereby a reader can examine the feed and know who
is responsible (to blame) for it.

Is there a suitable place for identifying the feed's author without
affecting the entries themselves ? Is the atom:feed/atom:author a suitable
place for this ?

--
Gerph <http://gerph.org/>
... And I'm lonely here inside of me.