Dan Brickley wrote:

So we can be clear on the conclusions that can be drawn from an Atom description of a document, eg. if creating an A-Z index of authors
You won't be able to produce such an index anyway, because atom:name is "free" text. Names might appear as "John Smith", "J. Smith" and "Smith, J.". Moreover, all these three cases might refer to the same John Smith, or two or three distinct John Smith (well, actually, one might also be James Smith, or Janet Smith ;-) )

I already raised up the "Person identity" [1] matter, I was answered it's not an Atom matter, use an extension (such as FOAF). I agree.

[1] http://www.imc.org/atom-syntax/mail-archive/msg13816.html

--
Thomas Broyer