Norman Walsh wrote:
> Look at the content model for entry: it's a bag o' stuff some of which
> is required and some of which is optional (and optionally repeatable)
> and it's all allowed to occur in any order.
>
> I've forgotten the details of XSD's support for "&" content models, but
> I'm pretty sure that's beyond them.

>From "XML Schema Part 1 : Structures (Second Edition)", section "3.8.1 The
Model Group Schema Component" [1]:
"(all) contain all and only exactly zero or one of each element specified
in {particles}. The elements can occur in any order. In this case, to
reduce implementation complexity, {particles} is restricted to contain
local and top-level element declarations only, with {min occurs}=0 or 1,
{max occurs}=1."

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#Model_Group_details

--
Thomas Broyer