Asbjørn Ulsberg wrote:

>>>  Minor flaw. It happens.
>>
>> I think you are rushing things too fast. It would be much better if we
>> fixed this.
>
> I agree.

+1, drop the "label" attribute and make its value a child of the
atom:category element.

Some more wording would also be needed to explain the exact role of the
"term" attribute. Couldn't its value default to the "label" when not
present (this imply making it optional)?

>>>  Nope. Too late.
>>
>> And this.
>
> +2.

I have no opinion about atom:uri, it seems find to me but I'm not attached
to it.

@href gives an Hypertext REFerence to another, related, resource
(alternate, related, self, feed, etc.), so -1 to changing its name.

@src tells the Atom Processor where the content of the entry is located. I
wouldn't be opposed to "href" in this case, but nothing else than "href"
or "src".

Other listed examples were about attribute vs. text node, I'm +0.5 to
moving text nodes into attributes (in atom:logo and atom:icon)

These are also common usages in many XML dialects (XHTML, XInclude, XLink,
SVG, etc.) Many of these tend to use XLink when linking to or embedding
external resources, so using XLink wouldn't bother me either (hey, some
are talking about replacing atom:author|atom:contributor with Dublin Core,
so why not?)

--
Thomas Broyer