On Tuesday, May 24, 2005, at 01:52  AM, Henry Story wrote:
Simplify, simplify. I am for removing all inheritance mechanisms...

I would agree if we had a better way to avoid all the repetition that would lead to. However, the only proposal[0] I can remember that would have done so has been rejected by the WG. I'm torn on whether to bring this up (I'd like to see it done, but it's getting late), but looking at the reasons given for rejecting PacePersonRef [1][2][3], recent discussion of author, contributor and inheritance suggests that the opposition may have been mistaken. See also [4].

Eric Scheid wrote:
oh darn. This damn inheritance stuff is nasty.

[0] http://www.intertwingly.net/wiki/pie/PacePersonRef
[1] http://www.imc.org/atom-syntax/mail-archive/msg09290.html
[2] http://www.imc.org/atom-syntax/mail-archive/msg09490.html
[3] http://www.imc.org/atom-syntax/mail-archive/msg11531.html