On Jun 9, 2005, at 9:22 AM, David Powell wrote:

Apologies for the rubbish timing, but I've been reviewing section 6, and found a
number of problems.

Firstly, there are some mismatches between the RelaxNG grammar and the
specification text. I know that the RelaxNG grammar isn't normative; but this
doesn't mean that it can be contradictory:

I've asked Paul, and in fact we can fix typos and outright bugs later on in the process. If you're right about the Relax mismatch (Rob? Norm?) then let's fix that.

On the other hand, a general re-organization of section 6 is right out; it is our finding that the format-09 draft (modulo errors) reflects the rough consensus of the WG. If you disagree, the IETF provides appeal procedures.

a) Section 6.4 omits atom:source as a valid location for Metadata Extensions, but it is allowed by the RelaxNG in 4.2.11. I believe that the RelaxNG reflects our intent to allow extensions to be preserved in atom:source.

Sounds right to me.

b) Section 6.4.1 and Section 6.4.2 don't place any restrictions on what elements may be used as Metadata Extensions, but the RelaxNG grammar explicitly excludes elements in the Atom namespace. The Atom namespace should be reserved for
future forwards-compatable revisions of Atom.

I find this surprising too, will check further.  -Tim