At 2:15 PM -0700 6/20/05, James M Snell wrote:
The spec already allows enveloped XML signatures for the document. Question: should we only allow signing of the entire document or are there valid use cases for allowing each individual entry in the feed to be individually signed?

There are many valid use cases for both: that's why the spec explicitly allows both.

I'm quite happy with limiting it to the first as I don't really see much of a reason to support the second and third examples, but wanted to see if anyone had any opinions or use cases that could justify the ability to independently sign individual entries within a feed.

The spec uses MAY for the conformance criteria, so no one has to support either.