* David Powell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2005-07-13 08:45]:
> Because the content of atom:link is undefined, there is a risk
> that some implementations, particularly Atom server
> implementations accepting entries from a publishing client,
> might just drop the contents of the element.

We had a discussion recently about this very aspect of the spec,
which concluded that there is no reason that extension elements
would be disallowed inside atom:link. So per the spec, consumers
should expect that extension elements may appear inside
atom:link.

I do agree that a Simple Extension Element (or several) would be
the logical choice for this particular use case, as they offer
defined semantics for attaching metadata directly to an entry.