* Graham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2005-07-16 12:40]:
> Are you advocating changing permanent identifiers? Bad Sam.
>
> ID canonicalization was a bloody stupid idea.

Eeep. Even though I don’t think canonicalization was a stupid
idea, more careful thought was and is probably necessary about
the impact it has on things like these.

I suppose the message you got was
http://www.feedvalidator.org/docs/warning/ObscureEncoding.html ?

That would indeed be inappropriate, though a warning should be
given. This needs a warning that strongly cautions against
changing the existing IDs – potentially problematic as they may
be –, but advises that the generation of new IDs should be
adjusted.