On 7/18/05, Robert Sayre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Media RSS already has an effective editor who is also a good listener:
> Yahoo's David Hall. If the Media RSS folks (or some other constituency
> who've done their homework) want to use this WG as their venue, that
> would be great. If not, I would be opposed to modifying the charter.
> That seems like self-perpetuating bureaucracy.
>
> Another way of putting it would be that, absent new participants, I
> favor completing the autodiscovery and protocol drafts and closing the
> WG.

+1

I suspect the accumulated WG fatigue means probably the only viable
route would be with the help of new blood. That isn't to suggest a
completely new WG might not be appropriate, I honestly don't know.

It might be that all is needed that the model described in Y!mRSS be
abstracted from the RSS 2.0 specifics, then re-expressed as Atom &
RDF. Given that Atom (and RDF) both have fairly clean extension
mechanisms, it shouldn't be necessary to cover every edge case in the
'primary' media extension, just get the core down.

Cheers,
Danny.

--

http://dannyayers.com