* James M Snell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2005-07-22 01:25]:
>For instance, if I linked to anything but an Atom feed, what
>would in-reply-to link to?

Still atom:id values. Presumably, any resource linked to is
associated, by whatever means, to the Atom feed containing the
entry being replied to. I don’t know what behaviour would be most
sensible for cases where it’s not an Atom feed and I’m not
advocating trying to specify any. I just think it’s a good idea
to say that the specified expectation, ie that it’s the Atom feed
where the entry being replied to originated, applies only when
@type='application/atom+xml'. That way, if someone else figures
out a sensible thing to do for other cases in the future, they
can extend the same relation rather than needing to specify a new
one.

>If the entry level link specifies a different URI, then it's
>basically an assertion that the entry is a response to two
>different entries.

Ah, the feed-level link simply inherits. Good idea, I like that.