Sunday, July 31, 2005, 4:32:11 PM, Graham wrote:

> On 31 Jul 2005, at 4:01 pm, James Cerra wrote:

>> That's apparently what libxml does.  As you can see, with Atom's
>> namespace it
>> is a mess.  It is also a mess with XHTML's namespace, XSLT's
>> namespace, and
>> most document-oriented namespaces.

> Were the RDF folks not smart enough to think of this problem and come
> up with a better system or a workaround?

It is an RDF/XML problem, not an RDF problem, and on the list of
RDF/XML problems, there are plenty more serious ones.

Anyway, it is only a problem if you are trying to use ns-qualified
elements that aren't RDF/XML as input to an RDF/XML processor - or
something similar. I'm not really surprised that that doesn't work too
well.

WebDAV does the same thing with namespaces btw[1].

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/1999OctDec/0343.html

--
Dave