Ok, I guess I missed that prior discussion (or just completely forgot about it). I'll go back and review that conversation and Henry's suggestions. Thanks!

Mark Nottingham wrote:

Hi James,

That was discussed before in the thread whose Subject was "Feed History -02", starting in mid-July.

My position is that the semantics of fh:prev and those of a "get me a non-current view of this feed document' are potentially -- and even often -- orthoganal. fh:prev is a link that allows you to reconstruct a feed whose entries are *all* current. Because of this, it isn't good to re-purpose the element for what you want; something separate would be better.

Also, Henry Story had some interesting thoughts about how to best model "top 20" lists, which had some impact on the issue you raise.

Cheers,