James Holderness wrote:

I'd be in favour of dcterms:valid (preferably restricted in form) for the following reasons:

* I'm worried that producers of RSS 1.0 feeds would be more likely to use dcterms:valid and thus consumers would be obliged to support it anyway.

I would expect anyone who uses RSS 1.0 would be more likely to use extensions that are well suited to RSS 1.0 and that anyone who uses Atom 1.0 would be more likely to use extensions that are well suited to Atom. If there is the possibility of cross-over, great, if not, that's ok also.

* dcterms:valid has slightly more functionality in that you get to specify a start date.

I don't necessarily want more functionality. The atom:updated date gives us a perfectly good start date.

However, I'm not vehemently opposed to age:expires if that's the route you choose to take.

Given the feedback thus far, I'm leaning strongly in favor of keeping age:expires

(thanks, Robert, for the clear up vote)

- James